', 'auto', 'clientTracker'); ga('clientTracker.send', 'pageview');
Nov 10, 2017
Non-Perfect Dad - Richard Shorter talks about -
Two decades of supporting and encouraging families has taught me that I am not a perfect dad!
Having three lively and energetic children has taught me I’m not a perfect dad too!
But I do have a background steeped in delivering high quality and effective support to dads and young people.
I am not perfect, but I am awesome at being me as a father, which means I’m a great dad. This is the gift I offer other parents.
Further below are some of the things I have been involved with and my qualifications.
But beyond all this, who am I?
Who I am is: an honest, fun and passionate person, with the guts to talk about those part of life others shy away from. I’ve the courage to ask questions that will help people discover solutions to their problems and grow in self-confidence and self-belief.
I am dog lover who made sure all three of his kids could rap along with Ice Ice Baby once they had mastered the word calibrate!
To be honest I’m best experienced in person rather than through words on a page, why not arrange a skype with me.
• Worked as a youth worker for the local authority
• Delivered numerous parenting courses for local council
• Provided one-to-one parenting support for multiple statutory agencies to those in the local area who are facing a crisis in their parenting or who just need a bit of extra support
• Lectured at several universities, teaching trainee social work students about effective strategies for working with families
• Worked in various roles for two churches
• Coached and encouraged people from a wide range backgrounds, faiths and life experiences
• Worked with and spoken at many schools across all ages
• Public speaking in many contexts. ( from skateparks to funerals and everything inbetween)
• Honours degree in Community and Youth Studies ( St Martins, Lancaster)
• Honours degree in Theology (University of Wales)
• Diploma in Life Coaching from A R Training
• Facilitator for ‘Strengthening families, strengthening communities’ parenting program
• Facilitator for ‘Strengthening families’ 10-14 parenting course
Facebook - www.facebook.com/nonperfectdad
If you have enjoyed this show then please leave a review.
How to leave an iTunes rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iPad
Connect with Wendy Here......
Facebook - CLICK HERE
Linked in - CLICK HERE
Twitter Account - CLICK HERE
Website – www.yourrelationshipspecialist.co.uk
From Surviving to Thriving in a Romantic Relationship book - Link to Amazon
Itunes link - http://apple.co/2xj5yud